My family

My family

Monday, December 9, 2013

So thankful....

The holidays seem to be getting easier as each year passes.  Don't get me wrong......I love Minnesota!  At this time of year, I can still feel the sting of missing my family in Texas (especially Garrett Todd!).  This year, Charlene and Bill were kind enough to share Lauren for Thanksgiving!

For some reason, I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving.  That was always my mom's holiday.  She held that yummy cornbread dressing recipe close to the vest! :)  Now Charlene does most of the cooking and the whole family gathers at her house.  While we still celebrate, I'm always anxious to start decorating for Christmas.


 
Lauren and Mom had a yearly holiday tradition of making fudge and setting up the Christmas village around this time of year.   Since Mom will be celebrating with Jesus this year, I thought it would be fun to put a Minnesota-spin on it. :)


Lauren, Delanie and I chose our own fudge recipe and got to work.......in our pajamas!  Once we were done, Jim did the blind judging.   Drum roll please.........

Delanie is now the reigning Fudge Champion! :)

It did my heart good to see these little chick-a-dees laughing and playing during the whole process.  Whenever they get together, it's like no time has passed at all.  The only Musketeer missing this year was Garrett.  We are already working to correct that situation for next year! :)
 

 
After stuffing ourselves with Turkey (and fudge!), the girls got dressed and headed to the movie theater for Catching Fire. 


 
All in all.....it was a great day!  Jim was so understanding about our "girl time".  When we got home from the movies, he had replaced the TV in the family room (the new one has Netflix!).  Can you believe he went to Best Buy on the evening of Thanksgiving???  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment