My family

My family

Monday, August 11, 2014

Maddens

 
Remember my post about this trip to Breezy Point last year?  For our second annual trip "up north", Jim and I decided to go to Maddens this year.  This place was amazing!  Seriously......I would go back every year if we could.  :)
 
 
Located about two hours north on Gull Lake, Maddens is made up of everything you could want on a vacation.  It was so nice to spend a long weekend relaxing with my best friend. 
 
 
Just like last year, one of my favorite things was building a fire on the beach. 


 
We rented a cabin right on the beach.  Check out the amazing views from our back porch.....


 
The back of our cabin faced west so we got a beautiful view of the sunset.  Why am I not surprised that Jim was thoughtful enough to think about this when he reserved the cabin? :)
 

During our stay, we rented a pontoon for three days.  I'll post details of our fishing adventures soon.  There was tons of sandy beach to enjoy too.  We both paddle boarded and kayaked.  The weather was perfect except for about an hour on Friday.  As soon as we launched our kayak, the rain started!  We were stuck in the rain about 100 yards from shore.  Needless to say, we booked our booties back to the shore to get warm and dry!  Even the rain couldn't dampen our spirits.  In fact, it was pretty romantic.  :)
 

 
Everywhere you looked, there was such beauty.  Everything you could want in a vacation was taken care of.  The staff at Maddens is incredible!


 


Check out the lily pads..... :)
 

All in all, the time we spent up north was pure bliss.  I made a point of not taking as many photos this time.  I was trying to live in the moment instead of trying to capture everything on film.  I admit:  This is not easy for me!  By the time Sunday rolled around, both Jim and I were relaxed, refreshed and ready to head home. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment